Youth Mobility Scheme Visa


The Youth Mobility Scheme visa is for young adults from participating countries and territories who wish to experience life in the United Kingdom for a period of up to two years.
Dependants are not eligible to apply on the Youth Mobility Scheme visa route and it is not a route that leads directly to settlement in the UK.

Requirements for a Youth Mobility Scheme visa

  • You are aged between 18 and 30 on the date of the application
  • You are a citizen of Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Japan, Monaco, Taiwan, the Republic of Korea, or San Marino or are a British Overseas citizen, British Overseas Territories citizen or British National (Overseas) (nb. from 1 January 2022, Indian and Icelandic nationals will also be eligible to apply 
  • If you are a citizen of India applying after 1 January 2022, you hold an education qualification equal to or above RQF level 6 or have a minimum of three years’ work experience in a professional role equivalent to an eligible occupation listed in Appendix Skilled Occupations
  • You have funds of £2,530 which you have held for a 28 day period within the 31 days before your application;
  • You do not have any children under 18 who are living with you or are financially dependent on you;
  • You have not previously been in the UK on the Youth Mobility Scheme route;
  • You have paid the visa application fee and Immigration Health Charge and provided any required bio metric information;
  • You have taken a tuberculosis test, if required;
  • You do not fall for refusal under the general grounds for refusal.

Youth Mobility Scheme Visa Decision

  • If your application for a Youth Mobility Scheme visa is approved then you will be permitted to enter and remain in the UK for a period of up to 2 years.
  • During this period you will be able to enter and leave the UK at any time. If you turn 31 while you’re in the UK, you can still stay for as long as your visa is valid.

Conditions of Stay on the Youth Mobility Scheme Visa

As a Youth Mobility Scheme visa holder you will be allowed to work in the UK, other than as a professional sportsperson or sports coach. However, you can only be self-employed where you have no employees, the total value of any equipment used for the business is below £5,000, and you do not own any premises from which you carry out a business (except for your home).
You will also be allowed to study. However, unless you are a citizen of Australia, Canada, Japan, New Zealand or the Republic of Korea, you will be subject to the conditions of the Academic Technology Approval Scheme. This requires a certificate in order to study certain subjects in the UK at a postgraduate level.
You will not be permitted to access public funds.

Enquire Now

Enquire Now

× How can I help you?