What is subclass 491 visa Australia?
The Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491) allows skilled migrants to live, study and work in designated regional areas for a period of 5 years. You must receive nomination from Victoria before you can apply for the visa.
What are the requirements to apply for 491 visa?
- You must be under 45 years of age.
- You must have a skilled occupation on the relevant skilled occupation list.
- You must be able to demonstrate ‘Competent English’.
- You must have a positive skills assessment from the relevant skills assessing authority in relation to your nominated occupation.
- You must obtain the minimum score on the Points Test at the time of invitation to apply for the visa.
- You must be nominated by an Australian State or Territory agency or sponsored by an eligible relative living in a designated area.
- You must obtain an invitation to apply for the visa. To be invited you will have to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) in Skill Select and meet the required points test on a competitive basis.
- You must satisfy certain Public Interest criteria and Special Return criteria.
- You must meet health and character requirements